Germán R. Blanco – Lively-Wines
Organic and sustainable traditional viticulture
Germán R. Blanco three cellars tasting, Wednesday October 5th at 19h.
The Lively-Wines philosophy dictating how they work is the same in the three cellars: organic viticulture and minimum intervention in the cellar with the aim of bottling landscapes from their perspective.
Casa Aurora is a direct tribute to his great-grandmother AURORA GARCÍA – La Señora Aurora -, and an indirect tribute to his village, VILLA DE ALBARES,and to the Bierzo Alto and its people. It is the rescue and recovery of old vines and ways of working. It is the bottling of landscapes and stories. Years. Harvests. Bottles that talk and tell us those stories.
La Bicleta Voladora is the new project in La Rioja. A project built from the ground upwards, with humility and patience, which started with its first harvest in 2015 and this is their manifiesto:
We want fresh, fluid and vertical wines! Made from happy grapes, with no chemicals and no wood!
QUINTA MILÚ is a family project in the Ribera del Duero. A SMALL PROJECT WHICH FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS NOW HAS LOOKED FOR WINES WHICH TELL US ABOUT WHERE THEY WERE BORN, a small village by the name of LA AGUILERA situated in the province of Burgos. Starting with old vineyards of TINTO FINO (TEMPRANILLO).
- Our seal guarantees that you have before you an ARTISANAL AND LIVING WINE. Made with the minimum possible intervention with the aim of respecting the place in which the grapes were born and which gave it life.
- We firmly believe that wines must be faithful representatives of the LAND in which they are born.
- It is made with grapes cultivated in an ORGANIC, SUSTAINABLE & TRADITIONAL way.
- During the cultivation of our grapes we NEVER use pesticides, weed-killers, systemic treatments or chemical fertilizers. We firmly believe that everything begins with the SOIL, for this reason we fight to keep it ALIVE.
- Our wines are made from hand-harvested grapes.
- Our wines are basically fermented grape juice with a minimal dose of sulphur.
- Neither technology nor mechanization can ever substitute the PASSION of small artisanal grape growers.
- Our wines are always VILLAGE WINES , understanding this concept as an exclusive geographic delimitation, given that we appreciate each village, with its history, its vineyards and its soils as a unique landscape which deserves to be valued.
- We make our wines VINEYARD by VINEYARD. We understand that the best way of knowing the biodiversity of our landscapes through our vineyards and their soils is by treating each parcel individually.
- All of our wines are AGED. We understand the process as a form of guided ageing in which wood does not necessarily have to intervene. We use different materials such as concrete or terracotta and when we do use wood, we are always drawn to large volumes and used barrels. With the ageing process we are trying to highlight our work as farmers.
- We never clarify nor stabilize and we normally never filter. Should we do so, it is always very light filtration.
- The true beauty of wines with soul is found in the sum of their imperfections. Light has always found a way in through the cracks…